Full-Time PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
Industry-leading Equipment Manufacturer seeks Alabama based design engineer.
PRIMARY AREA OF FOCUS
Responsibilities are to create designs and specifications for new equipment products and to build, test and evaluate prototypes ensuring that all design goals and requirements are met. Responsibilities will include some engineering project leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Assist in defining and determining feasibility of design concepts
* Develop new product design layouts utilizing different approaches in order to aid management in deciding best course of action
* Prepare cost analysis in order to determine potential project costs
* Perform required engineering calculations to properly configure structural and functional components for function and durability
* Determine piece part specifications ensuring proper fit of all components in projected prototype/product
* Produce part & assembly sketches, models and drawings for all components required (both in-house and outsourced) in the project
* Develop BOM and input into ERP system
* Communicate effectively with proto shop and manufacturing personnel during prototype and pilot builds
* Analyze prototype and adjust designs as required before production build cycle begins
* Work with other participants in testing programs
* Investigate, solve and test, as well as provide layouts as required–any reported current production design problems or requested product improvements
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
* Minimum of 10 years machine design experience in an equipment manufacturing organization. (Design of agricultural or construction equipment preferred.)
* Parametric 3D modeling experience required
* Autodesk Inventor experience is preferred
* Good communication skills
* Detail oriented and well organized
* Ability to take direction and work independently or as part of a highly effective team
* Must be willing to move to NW Alabama, relocation package provided for right candidate
King Kutter, Inc. is a leader in farm, sportsman and transportation equipment manufacturing that has developed its position in the market by providing quality products and supporting its customers. While continuing this focus, King Kutter, Inc. has made a commitment to aggressive product development as the key to future growth and long-term stability.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* This work of this position will generally be performed in an office environment, at a computer workstation utilizing various input devices.
* While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to work on and around heavy construction, forestry and agricultural machinery, as needed, for up to a full work day. You would be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls on and around this machinery.
* Occasional travel to visit a Customer, production facility or job site over multiple days may be required.
* Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays and/or weekends.
* Post Offer, Pre-employment drug test will be required.
* Background screening which may include previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification will be required.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply: http://www.linkedengineer.com/jobs/742575-product-design-engineer-at-king-kutter-inc
2584 total views, 1 today